A PLACE TO STAY, BETWEEN THE RIVERS AND THE SEA
Finding accommodation in Lochaber can be challenging during the summer due to the demand. We don’t want lack of accommodation stopping you experiencing the magic this area has to offer, so River to Sea Scotland has two double rooms available for guests booking onto a trip with us.
You’ll have full use of the large, cosy living room with a log burning stove and fully equipped kitchen. Outside seating and BBQ are also available for warmer, dry summer evenings.
The accommodation is in the home of River to Sea Scotland’s proprietor, Reece, and his friendly dog, Benji.
The house is situated in the small town of Spean Bridge; a quiet and welcoming residential area, with child friendly facilities. There are local play areas/swing parks if visiting with children, and plenty of scenic walks with fantastic views of the mountains. Spean Bridge is central for a range of outdoor attractions and only 15 minutes’ drive from the town of Fort William. There you will find a variety of cafes, restaurants, pubs, supermarkets and other shops.
£50 per room per night.
Please contact us to check availability and book.
Whats near here:
- Nevis Range Resort – 6 miles / 10 min drive: The place to go for mountain bike hire and trail riding. The Gondola is also an easy way to get onto the tops of the mountains for breathtaking views from above. The resort also has a tree top adventure course and facilities such as a cafe, toilets, etc.
- Fort William Town Centre – 9.5 miles / 15 min drive: Variety of restaurants, pubs, supermarkets and shops.
- Steall Falls (Glen Nevis) – 15 miles / 30 mins drive: Popular day walk taking you to Steall Falls, famous for its impressive height and use in filming. To access the base of the falls, you will need to cross a wire suspension bridge over a river.
- Glenfinnan Viaduct – 23 miles / 35 min drive: The famous Harry Potter Bridge. Catch the impressive Jacobite Steam Train cross the Glenfinnan Viaduct just before 11 am and 3pm daily at on its route to and from ‘Hogwarts’. Be sure to arrive early to secure parking as it’s a very popular attraction.
- Camusdarach Beach – 45 miles / 1h 10 min drive: A gorgeous, large, white sandy beach with crystal clear waters, and view of surrounding mountains and off shore islands.
- Glencoe Valley – 34 miles / 50 mins drive: One of the most impressive mountainous valleys’ you will drive through in Scotland, with a huge choice of walks and mountain routes leading from it. Allow plenty of time to stop at all the view-points to really appreciate the spectacular rocky environment.
These are just some examples; the whole area is rich in wildlife, history and so much more… #EasyToArriveHardToLeave
Other local providers
The Fort William Accommodation Marketing Group: Search over 40 local B&Bs and check for online availability at https://fortwilliam-guesthouse.com/. We recommend you check out:
- Treetops – Treetops provides 4 individually styled rooms, set in a modern mountain chalet style home. Each room has spectacular views of the changing moods of the mountains including Ben Nevis
- Huntingtower Lodge – Relax and enjoy ‘eco-chic’ luxury at Huntingtower Lodge, a contemporary boutique B&B offering a ‘haven of tranquillity’ overlooking Loch Linnhe and explore the wonders of the Highlands.
- Guisachan – The bed and breakfast is located in a prominent hillside position set back from the main road and overlooking the town of Fort William and adjacent Loch Linnhe, which means that the views from the guest lounge and dining room are stunning.
- Lochview – A charming guesthouse and self catering apartment in Fort William with stunning views across Loch Linnhe to the Ardgour Hills
Burnbank Lodges – Your perfect, peaceful, Highland Hideaway. Self-catering, one-bedroom, wooden holiday lodges set in natural woodland on the banks of the River Spean, just 10 miles from Fort William.
Linnhe Lochside Holidays – Linnhe offers a wonderful selection of accommodation including luxury 3 or 4 star alpine style chalets and lochside lodges or a variety of holiday caravan options to suit every family size and budget. Linnhe Lochside’s touring and camping pitches are set amoungst beautiful gardens and only a moment’s stroll from the loch side with free fishing just yards from your pitch.
The Old Library, Arisaig – The Old Library is a 200 year old stone built stable that has been converted into a cheerful and welcoming Restaurant With Rooms. The bed and breakfast accommodation comprises of six tastefully decorated bedrooms which are all well appointed and en suite, and four of the rooms have patios overlooking our garden.
Coorie Doon, Banavie – This cosy, self-contained cabin with Ben Nevis views is the perfect base for anyone wanting to explore this beautiful area. Relax to a fabulous views & take full advantage of the drying room, kayak & bike storage/cleaning, Wifi and good transport links. An electric car charge point is also available. The cabin can sleep 1 – 6 guests.