Canoe & Kayak Hire
DISCOVER YOUR OWN ADVENTURE, FROM RIVER TO SEA
At River to Sea Scotland, we have a fleet of canoes and sea kayaks available for hire, with all the associated kit.
We want to make the most of your adventure time so we’ll take care of the logistics. We’ll meet you at your start location with all your hired kit, and pick it up at the journey’s end, eager to hear your adventure stories.
We will help you with your planning so that you can make the most of your time on the water. Talk to us about your ideas and we will help you create an itinerary that meets your needs.
Canoe Hire Prices
- Canoe hire costs £40 per boat per day (including paddles, buoyancy aids & a trolley per group for portages)
- Additional £15 per boat per day if you want a down-wind sail and a 60L barrel for keeping kit dry.
If the hire is 4 or more days, then the canoe shuttle service is free of charge (location dependent). If 3 days or less, canoe shuttle price is dependent on the trip planned. As a rough guide, for a trip such as the Great Glen Way – £80.
Hired canoes are not suitable for graded water and a security deposit will be requested at the time of booking to safeguard the canoes and equipment hired against any damage.
Sea Kayak Hire Prices
- Sea kayak hire costs £40 per boat per day (including paddles, buoyancy aids and spray decks)
- Additional £10 per boat per day if you want 2 x 20L dry bags for keeping kit dry
If the hire is 4 or more days, then the sea kayak shuttle service is free of charge (location dependent). If 3 days or less, sea kayak shuttle price is dependent on the trip planned. As a rough guide, if within a 2 hour drive of Fort William – £80.
Sea kayak hire is only available to those that hold an appropriate sea kayaking qualification/competency for the trip planned. A security deposit will be requested at the time of booking to safeguard the sea kayaks and equipment hired against any damage.
To discuss hire needs and to book, please contact us.
- 3 x Hou 15: Outfitted with 2 x webbed seats, kneeling thwarts, sailing attachments, buoyancy blocks and painters
- 4 x Hou Prospectors: Outfitted with 2 x webbed seats, buoyancy blocks and painters
Hou canoes are high performance boats, manufactured in the UK, and used by many leading adventure companies (new fleet for the 2020 season).
Sea Kayak Fleet
- 2 x Dagger Stratos 14.5: Size S
- 5 x Dagger Stratos 14.5: Size L
The Dagger Stratos is a fantastic boat for exploring due to it’s playful properties, whilst maintaining comfort, stability and maneuverability (new fleet for the 2020 season).